A Special Event Created and Executed By DDR Public Relations, Inc.
Westchester County’s first indoor sensory play space, WeeZee… World of “Yes I Can!” had its First Birthday party on Friday, April 26, 2013. It was attended by over 300 children and their parents and featured keynote addresses by Marina Yoegel, Assistant Westchester County Commissioner of the Bureau of Children with Special Needs, representatives from Westchester County Executive Robert Astorino’s office and officials from the Town of New Castle, as well as many members of the media.
WeeZee had its Grand Opening last April, 2012 and since then, the play facility has become renowned as an innovative indoor play space. In fact, WeeZee was named “Best of Westchester” in the indoor play space and kids’ birthday party categories.
- To create awareness of WeeZee’s first birthday and successful first year of business
- To emphasize WeeZee’s rise to the top as an indoor play center/kids gym that features extraordinary and unique play opportunities that can’t be found anywhere else
- To generate new interest in monthly memberships, passes, programs and activities at WeeZee
- To create a major blockbuster First Birthday event with a sizeable and significant number of attendees that include County and Town officials
- To promote WeeZee as a trailblazer and the only sensory gym in Westchester County through the creation of a nationally-recognized day that focuses on sensory play – “National Sensory Awareness Day” to take place each year on April 26th – and to coincide with WeeZee’s First Birthday Party
- To solidify relationships with key influencers on behalf of WeeZee – parents, families, political officials, autism experts, key media, etc.
- Intensive efforts to generate media coverage of WeeZee’s First Birthday party, along with its innovative facility and activities
- Intensive publicity focusing on letters and proclamations received last year for National Sensory Awareness Day from: President Bill Clinton, Senator Charles Schumer, Senator Susie Oppenheimer, Westchester County Executive Robert Astorino, as well as many Legislators, Assemblymen and the New Castle Town Supervisor
- DDRPR provided photography services for this special event and then, captioned these photos to generate coverage in target media post-event
An intensive media relations campaign resulted in placements on News 12, on WABC-TV and in target Westchester-based media including Westchester Magazine (a story featuring WeeZee as “the most popular” indoor play space, which was a result of editorial attendance at this event), Westchester Business Journal, The Journal News and many local and hyper-local media outlets.